The new Build automation system included in TFS 2015 and Visual Studio Online is a huge improvement over the previous XAML based builds in previous releases. To help people get an appreciation for just how powerful and flexible the new system is, I have created a short (12min) overview video and published in on the MSDN Channel 9 website.
The video walks through the following features:
- Create a new Agent Pool, install Build Agent and configure permissions
- Create a new build definition and configure it to execute Unit Tests (Continuous Integration)
- Package our the built website as a Web Deploy Package
- Create a Machine Group and add a new test web server
- Use PowerShell DSC to configure a basic web server (IIS, ASP.NET 4.5, Website & WebDeploy)
- Use WebDeploy to deploy the site package to the newly configured Web Server
- Auto deploy and configure the new Test Agent on our web server
- Run Coded UI Tests and report results
Click on the following image to watch the video.